The Tumblr iOS apps have two major problems:
1. You can’t start a new tumblr blog from within the app.
2. There’s no landscape mode when composing.
Other than that, there’s just minor stuff. Formatting, that sort of thing, not worth mentioning until the above is remedied.
Everyone, we’re delighted to show off a feature that we’ve been hard at work on for the last few months and badly addicted to for the last few weeks.
The new Tumblr Search has been rebuilt, front to back, to help explore all of your 65 billion(!) posts.
Here are a few of the big additions to check out:
- You can now use multiple #tags in a single query to find all that #hello kitty #nail art.
- Searching for “government shutdown” now returns posts tagged
#government shutdownor that mention ”government shutdown”. Searching “#government shutdown” will limit the results to posts with that #tag.
- You’ll now see related blogs in your search results.
- Use the new Filter menu to filter by post type!
And in an effort to make the explicit content filter more transparent (and less confusing), we’ve moved the option right to the search results page. We’ve also been able to use this smarter filtering to unblock innocuous keywords in our apps that used to be prohibited by app store policies. #reaction gif #happy!
Please take the new search for a spin! (And let us know if you catch it acting up.)
This is good news.
The Dashboard just got a touchup! It’s the same Dashboard you know, with a cleaner and more minimal design.
Tumblr reblogs text posts with 500+ characters as links:
When you reblog a text post with more than 500 characters of body text, Tumblr automatically offers to reblog it as a link post. Want the whole text post and not a link post? See how to switch to a full-text post before you reblog.
Good to know.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Tumblr’s Dashboard
Tumblr Follow Limits:
Tumblr enforces two limits on how many blogs you can follow:
- You can follow no more than 200 blogs per day on Tumblr.
- Overall, you can follow no more than a total of 5,000 blogs on Tumblr. Once you follow 5,000 blogs, you would have to unfollow some blogs to start following additional blogs.
These limits only apply to you following other blogs. Tumblr does not limit the number of people who can follow your blog. In other words, there is no cap on your blog’s follower count. These limits only apply to how many blogs you can follow each day and in total.