Can you dream it? Then your blog must become it!
It’s a thing of joy to customize how your blog looks in the Tumblr mobile apps and on the Dashboard. 33 fonts, 16 million colors, a large and in-charge header image.
Good news everyone!
Tumblr Themes of the Month — February 2014:
My favorite Tumblr-hosted themes, posted in February 2014 and listed in chronological order.
- Minimum — theme by ultralinxthemes ($19)
- UltraFolio — theme by ultralinxthemes ($49)
- UltraGram — theme by ultralinxthemes ($49)
- Stamp — theme by thejenyuan-themes (free)
- Prestige — theme by thejenyuan-themes (free)
- Electro — theme by ultralinxthemes ($49)
- Lookbook — theme by wantering-loves-you (free)
- Discovery — theme by ultralinxthemes ($19)
- Gloss — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Fizz — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Stanleyr — theme by soumyabg (free)
- Essential — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Koto — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Simple Notes — theme by g13nnsmith (free)
- Novelist — theme by pixelrevel ($49)
- Woodely — theme by paulborsan (free)
- Paper — theme by pixelrevel ($19)
- Lupus — theme by berlinnightcrawler (free)
See also Themes of the Month for Jan. 2014.
Looking for a new theme? Look no further.
"Exactly. You have the aesthetic control and SEO [search engine optimization] benefits of a self-hosted site, with all the social gestures and discovery benefits of a social platform." — bluechoochoo (Andréa Lopez)
From my favorite LinkedIn group:
tumblr for brands, agencies, and businesses
"Any reason I shouldn’t do this?" Nope, not really. It doesn’t change anything about the dashboard, it just encrypts your connection to it. We’ve been using it for weeks and haven’t even noticed. So, yeah, turn it on and forget about it. Easy.
Get more secure with SSL. Do it now.
Tumblr Redesigns its Settings:
You’ll see a new look to your Tumblr settings when you click the gear icon at the top of your Dashboard. On the "Account" settings page, note that Tumblr added “Last Account Activity” showing your last login. Clicking the accompanying “View history” link reveals your last four account logins.
Tumblr keeps improving.
How to Recover Your Tumblr Theme:
Tweaking your Tumblr theme’s HTML and something went wrong? Go to http://www.tumblr.com/themes/recover. The “Recover Custom Theme” page appears. Select your blog (if you have more than one with your Tumblr account). Click the “View Backups” button. A list of previous theme versions appears with the most recent ones first. Click a “Revert” button to recover your previous theme.
Love the new search but wish it looked more like your dashboard? Well, we put a toggle on the results page that does exactly that. Go ahead, try it out. Neat, yes?
“Yes,” you whisper.
Great! Glad you like it.
The search feature on Tumblr doesn’t seem to find Spotify URLs anymore. That sucks.
Everyone, we’re delighted to show off a feature that we’ve been hard at work on for the last few months and badly addicted to for the last few weeks.
The new Tumblr Search has been rebuilt, front to back, to help explore all of your 65 billion(!) posts.
Here are a few of the big additions to check out:
- You can now use multiple #tags in a single query to find all that #hello kitty #nail art.
- Searching for “government shutdown” now returns posts tagged
#government shutdownor that mention ”government shutdown”. Searching “#government shutdown” will limit the results to posts with that #tag.
- You’ll now see related blogs in your search results.
- Use the new Filter menu to filter by post type!
And in an effort to make the explicit content filter more transparent (and less confusing), we’ve moved the option right to the search results page. We’ve also been able to use this smarter filtering to unblock innocuous keywords in our apps that used to be prohibited by app store policies. #reaction gif #happy!
Please take the new search for a spin! (And let us know if you catch it acting up.)
This is good news.