Tumblr Themes of the Month — February 2014:
My favorite Tumblr-hosted themes, posted in February 2014 and listed in chronological order.
- Minimum — theme by ultralinxthemes ($19)
- UltraFolio — theme by ultralinxthemes ($49)
- UltraGram — theme by ultralinxthemes ($49)
- Stamp — theme by thejenyuan-themes (free)
- Prestige — theme by thejenyuan-themes (free)
- Electro — theme by ultralinxthemes ($49)
- Lookbook — theme by wantering-loves-you (free)
- Discovery — theme by ultralinxthemes ($19)
- Gloss — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Fizz — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Stanleyr — theme by soumyabg (free)
- Essential — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Koto — theme by olleotathemes (free)
- Simple Notes — theme by g13nnsmith (free)
- Novelist — theme by pixelrevel ($49)
- Woodely — theme by paulborsan (free)
- Paper — theme by pixelrevel ($19)
- Lupus — theme by berlinnightcrawler (free)
See also Themes of the Month for Jan. 2014.
Looking for a new theme? Look no further.
"What makes Tumblr unique? The platform is a hybrid of social and the web.” — blackfin360 (Tom Edwards – blog post at iMediaConnection)
"Exactly. You have the aesthetic control and SEO [search engine optimization] benefits of a self-hosted site, with all the social gestures and discovery benefits of a social platform." — bluechoochoo (Andréa Lopez)
From my favorite LinkedIn group:
tumblr for brands, agencies, and businesses
You can now take extra precaution against hackers and snoops by enabling SSL security on your Tumblr Dashboard. Just head over to your Account Settings and flip the switch.
"Any reason I shouldn’t do this?" Nope, not really. It doesn’t change anything about the dashboard, it just encrypts your connection to it. We’ve been using it for weeks and haven’t even noticed. So, yeah, turn it on and forget about it. Easy.
Get more secure with SSL. Do it now.
Tumblr Redesigns its Settings:
You’ll see a new look to your Tumblr settings when you click the gear icon at the top of your Dashboard. On the "Account" settings page, note that Tumblr added “Last Account Activity” showing your last login. Clicking the accompanying “View history” link reveals your last four account logins.
Tumblr keeps improving.
How to Recover Your Tumblr Theme:
Tweaking your Tumblr theme’s HTML and something went wrong? Go to http://www.tumblr.com/themes/recover. The “Recover Custom Theme” page appears. Select your blog (if you have more than one with your Tumblr account). Click the “View Backups” button. A list of previous theme versions appears with the most recent ones first. Click a “Revert” button to recover your previous theme.
Love the new search but wish it looked more like your dashboard? Well, we put a toggle on the results page that does exactly that. Go ahead, try it out. Neat, yes?
“Yes,” you whisper.
Great! Glad you like it.
The search feature on Tumblr doesn’t seem to find Spotify URLs anymore. That sucks.
The Dashboard just got a touchup! It’s the same Dashboard you know, with a cleaner and more minimal design.